Thursday, March 27, 2008

In todays email box...



Mark and I received this email from another photographer named
Kristen Lewis. This email touched our hearts so we wanted to share a portion of it with all our blog readers.


"My name is Kirsten Lewis .  I am also a photographer who has been following your blog for a bit now.  I am from the OBX North Carolina area however in October I moved to Paso Ancho, Mexico which is a colonas right in the mountains outside of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.  Anyway,  I have fallen in love with everything about living in a small, traditional Mexican village.  While here I have been working with two separate organizations, the Centre de Acopio (an animal shelter) and the Refugio Infantil (an orphanage).  Everything about these organizations is selfless, hopeful and inspiring.  They are small but powerful and have completely changed me and how I want to live my life.

I am conducting a fundraising event all by myself.  No big businesses, no help from corporations.  Just me and all the amazing people who are touched enough to donate to the cause.  It is a DONATION FOR IMAGE TRADE.  I launched it on my birthday, March 22nd and it will be running until April 18th.

I was wondering if you would be interested in possibly making mention of this on your blog.  I know that you have many readers and thought they might be inspired to help me out. 
sinserly, Kristen





3 comments:

Jeret Slack said...

WOW... What a great story. Thanks Mark for putting this on your blog everyone needs to see this.

Melissa Koehler said...

How wonderful! !!!!

Jennifer Disney said...

You're right.... these ARE radical! Nice work!