Friday, September 12, 2008

BLING!!!!!!

Rings: the bling of the wedding biz! Rings can be some of the best models ever. You can put them places and they don't complain, they are always looking hot, and they always get some attention in a crowd. 

Wedding photographers love to shoot rings!  When I (Candice) first started in the biz, contrary to Marks best advice, I felt the need to put the wedding rings in the most embarrassing/ 1980's spots [you know, the pictures where the ring is in the bouquet of flowers or on the brides dress?]  Well yes, that was me when I first picked up a camera.  

So After being inspired, and having some sense knocked in to me  by Nate Kaiser to shoot some "decently awesome rings shots" instead of my lame old shots,  I have finally put together a few pictures that could/maybe/quite possible; compare to their amazingness that Nate and Jak post every week. 

So Nate, as I have said to you before... You will be seeing some much more radical shots in the future... And let the competition begin. 










21 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome ring shots! loving it!

Anonymous said...

The second one! OMG!

Lyndee said...

those are some awesome shots! The pig one freeked me out a bit though! :)

Beautiful Moments Photography said...

Ewww is that a real pig? Now that is original and unique. My all time fave one is on the glasses, that one totally rocks, and I LOVE the ones on the pieces of timber that the B&G are holding up. You ARE so radical at these!

Tiffany said...

AWESOME!!!
All of them!!~
Seriously fantastic!~

Melissa Koehler said...

Gorgeous job. My favs are the first one with the m&m's, the sticks and the grass, but I really love the sunglasses. Great job!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Nicely done. That pig shot is AWESOME. I love it.

*Lissa* said...

Okay, I think I threw up in my mouth a little with the pig shot. ;o) Very creative!

I love the rest of them! Fantastic shots!

Brett Faulknor said...

How creative. I love the M&M ones and the grass. Great job Candice!!!

Hanssie said...

That pig one freaked me out!

Ashley Perez said...

Oh my gosh, I totally saw a photographer put the rings on the bride's bouquet today!! I love all these rings shots!! So much better!

Anonymous said...

Wow your amazing! And the pig one is just plain NASTY. But very, very creative! ;)

Amy Clifton said...

I think the awesomeness has begun! These are really really great....love your dramatic lighting in several of these, too. But why didn't you tuck the rings inside of a calla lily? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Love the ring shot with the bright happy circles :).

Also, I'm loving y'alls new blog look!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Cool, cool shots! The pig? Crazy, awesome and totally gross! But lovin' it! My husband is Filipinno so that would've rocked his world!

The circles are cute! And so are the MM's!!! Okay, so they all rocksors!!!!!

:-) Whoo-hoo!!!!

michele said...

those are AWESOME!
i love, love , love the roasted pig one. hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I can't decide which image I like the most. I could have totally done without the pig though. Love them all!! :)

Van Steelandt Photography said...

These are ridunkulously awesome! Holly crap you rock!

Erika McCauley said...

Your creativity blows my mind!!! Amazing work...even with that disgusting pig! :)

Sarah said...

What great ideas!!! Love the first one and the grass shot rocks my socks!!! :)

Anonymous said...

i always love your ring shots!! i think the grass one is my fave so far! :)