Monday, August 4, 2008

40,000 viewers.... and 1,567 comments!


Life, Where does it take us?
Many times in life you will find yourself in a situation that makes you smile. Lately we have been smiling way to much. Life is great....But like most everyones life, it has had it's hard times. And us...We have had both, seriously BOTH. So here is a personal blog post that our family has asked us to do every once in a while. They dont think its cool that we have a blog that they check ever other day, and it doesn't even have pictures of us.... So here you go Fam.

The past two weeks have been way to busy. I (candice) was in Boston (shooting with Jessica) for about 4 days. When I got home we headed straight to Hume Lake Christian Camp to shoot an E-session for two days. Marks Band use to be the summer band up there, so it was nice to watch belly-flopping-contest, and eat two milk shakes a day with our Hume Friends.

Then the weekend hit...boom, two "out of this world" weddings are done, and we are in the processes of image selection and editing. To Celebrate our two Weddings we decided to have Three BBQ's in a row. some with our great photo friends and one with our radical Church friends, so yes, I am now a meat eaters to the extreme. Yes fam....I was trying to be a vegetarian, but it SUCKED! side note, I shouldn't say I decided not to be a vegetarian, Mark banded it from my life. He said I was way to mean etc...So I guess I have to get fit some other way.

This post is titled 40,000 viewers because we finally hit one of our goals, which was to have a larger # of viewers.  In january we installed a "visitor tracker" and since then we have hit 40,000 views!!!!  We honestly can't believe that that many people are interested in our lives, but it is kinda awesome.

An interesting conversation that has been circulating among our friends is "when is it time to say "No, no means no". When do you look someone in the eyes and say "I have had enough" Why are we to scared to not stand up for ourselves. This is happening in every area of our lives, and ironically our friends lives. In our business and our personal lives we have found it hard to say NO. But the awesome thing about the word NO, is you can say Yes to a lot more. 

The funny story of the weeks is about Hoperton... Our 10 pound, lop eared bunny who is an escape artist. Like most of you know we got her when we were in the apartment complex in Orange. I was "lonely" and I needed a fluffy friend. Well, when we moved to Ladera I had to cage her into a small corner in our back yard. Well for the past three months she has found every single way to escape. I secretly feel ok when this happens because I know she is having a wonderful night on the town. But unfortunately I feel guilty not catching her when she runs across our front yard. So for the past months we have gone through the dance of: her escaping, me catching her, and then watching another escape. It is quite entertaining but annoying. I want to just leave her in Victors backyard. He has 4 kids and I know he would never notice. 

And the last thing I would like to inform everyone about is our adventure of house hunting. Yes, we are looking to buy another house here in Ladera Ranch. We have this whole crazy plan, and I think it might actually work. Don't freak dad... We got it under control.

For all of you who could care less about what was written in the last 100 paragraphs here are some fun photos we took of ourselves at our last wedding. Yes, we do like to party! 


I get down.....
I get down....
We get down....
and would love to party with you.....

Good night :)


21 comments:

Ashley Perez said...

So cute. I love it. That's the best part of a blog- sharing your lives with others. That's why we all come back and read it every day! That, and to see your amazing photography skills of course =).

babyrndeb said...

which summer band were you in at Hume...maybe we have met since I work up there in the summers. Ever been sick while you were up there?
Fun to keep up with your lives!

Cathy and David Photography said...

That's seriously cool about the visitors guys. And the last person was right. We come back to hear about you and your photos (of course). I love reading stories about other peoples lives, but its wonderful to read stories about two wonderful people that Cathy and I look to for inspiration. We hope that someday we can set an example as awesome as you guys do. :)

Ryel j said...

WOW guys so much going on!! And such big plans... so cool that we serve such a BIG God!!! I can't wait to see the next step.
xoxo

Blair Van Bussel said...

So refreshing. Love the updates.
And how exciting about the new place! I cant wait till we can buy...tiny apartments with those OC price tags blow.

Hanssie said...

Yes! Which Summer band were you in...It would be quite the coincidence wouldn't it? Congrats on the 40k!

*Lissa* said...

It would be a blast to party with you guys! ;o)

Congrats on the big numbers!

Moongypsyi said...

You guys rock!!
~c

Unknown said...

Mark and Candice I am so proud of you guys..
You guys ROCK!!!!

David Anderson said...

Aahhh Hume Lake!! Love that place, amazing things happen there, besides the belly flops ;) and they have amazing milk shakes!!

Insanity at how God is blessing you, and blessing the lives you touch!!

:)

double the house, double the party right...? or at least that's how it should be...

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love you guys!

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

I was in the Band called UNA two years ago. Did we meet?

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

ohhh and the first year we were there our band name was every day collision.

Anonymous said...

Hey Candice, too bad I didn't know you were going to be in Boston. I would have loved to have some lunch with you. Maybe next time.

babyrndeb said...

Can't recall meeting you - but two years ago I was mostly up at Wagon train handing out their medications doing alot of hiking back and forth to the infirmary. The joys of Hume! But my daughters may know you :)

babyrndeb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeret Slack said...

I love your guys blog... You guys are awesome people and awesome photographers let go for 80,000.

Beautiful Moments Photography said...

I love this post! You guys are so awesome!

Blah Blah said...

Congrats on the 40k guys!

Emily Faulknor said...

God is so richly blessing you guys! Congrats on the 40,000 views. I love how you can see the countries that have visited your site. And Czech Republic is one of them, my home country! Keep at it guys and good luck with finding another house. OH, and Hume Lake is part of my childhood memories as well. Loved that place. Ciau!

cassandra-m said...

great post. you guys are so super busy, that is awesome. Congrats on the 40,000 vistors...that has to be such a remarkable feeling inside. a HAPPY feeling. Keep rockin. you guys are hilarious. i love the dancing shots.