Wednesday, August 20, 2008

where did the Brooke's go?... Painting


As most of you know, we HATE not blogging, because it feels like we have missed something in our day to day routine! So here is an update of what has been going on with us...

These past few days we have been locked in our house painting with friends and family. We got this "itch" to paint our little hearts out,  so now we are stuck actually following through with that "itch". We decided to go with the colors grey and teal. And after shopping at urban outfitters and Anthropology we feel like our "new" house is going to be Radical.

Not only have we been painting these last few days... but we have also squeezed in a day long trip to the San diego zoo.  Mark and I loaded into our friend's car yesterday at 8:00 am to get to the Zoo by 10:00am. We walked till we dropped, saw animals doing un-natural tricks, and a  baby giraffe that was only 2 hours old. Then we headed to a brewery for dinner and beer. It was an excellent (non-stressful) day. 

Now here I am blogging thinking about how Mark is still painting down stairs, and how I am up stairs working because I got Shunned/kicked out of the 4th day of painting....Long story short: I was not painting up to Mark's standards, and I spilt a whole can of paint on our wood floors, and and and I was cranky....So yeah, I got kicked out of the painting party (party = Geoffrey and Mark). So I am going to continue on with this blog post and not be bitter...I should be happy, who on earth wants to be painting on the fourth day of a big project?

Anyway... Another exciting event this week has been the delivery of 6 pairs of sun glasses.. Thanks to the Lyons and their amazing hook ups, we were able to purchase 6 pairs of radical sun glasses from Paul Frank and Penguin. So when you see us around town you will %100 for sure see us in some awesome shades. 

And the last announcement/personal update is this: "The office" starts next month, And we are freakin stoked!

Here is a sneak peak of a shoot I did a few weeks ago, I should be posting the whole shoot tomorrow. (for those of you who follow our blog, this is part of MY 1000 photos a week). 
-candice

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I love you guys even more...we share the same love of The Office! Me and my husband are also veeeeery excited about its return.

*Lissa* said...

I pretty much suck at painting too... I only wish my husband would take over with my half-done office and do a good job. Relax and let Mark do the rest! ;o)

Can't wait to see the rest of your shots!

Melissa Koehler said...

Figures you would get kicked out :) I am sure that your place will be SOOO amazing! Next time you are in San Diego, we need to hook up!
Miss you guys!
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about The Office. It actually starts on my bday along with Grey's Anatomy.
Woo hoo
xoxo

Abigail Q said...

Four days of painting? Oh my gosh girl it better be freakin hott! I want pictures posted once its done.. and ps the way to make husbands happy with your painting skills is to give them a drink every hour..or four.. ;)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the office to start! So stoked...best show ever!

I not supersticious...I'm just a little sticious.

Hanssie said...

Painting sucks...blogging is more fun :)

Anonymous said...

hellos brooke's. you're seeing right now my very first comment on your blog. it won't be the last, because that sneak peak shot is smokin! plus i love painting.

Unknown said...

I get kicked out of all of out project here at the house. Like when my wife Sommer started painting the living room. I think I got like 3 storkes in and it just wasn't good enough and I got kicked off the team.

Tiffany said...

Can't wait to see more photos from the shoot and also photos from the freshly painted house!!
It will all be worth it when it is done! :)

Blair Van Bussel said...

1. That shot is awesome and I cant wait to see more.
2. If you ever need a model for the 1000 , im your girl. I may not be a model, but I could totally work it if its for you guys! ;)
3. Those colors sound so hot. I cant wait to see the finished product.
4. 2 hours old!?!? thats so amazing!

Beautiful Moments Photography said...

LOL @ your painting story. It's a shame I live so far away, I ROCK at painting - 7 houses and still going.

Can't wait to see your post on the new office!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

yeees!!! the office!!! anxiously waiting for the 25th! have a bad ace weekend you paintin foos!!! peace!

cassandra-m said...

I love painting. I recently re-did my bathroom. A two day project ended up being a two week...ha.ha. I was cranky too...hee.hee. take pics when you guys get done. those colors sound AWESOME!!!!