Friday, November 7, 2008

Personal updates...

To be honest I feel like Mark and I have been absent from the world for the last two months. I was just on the phone the other day with a good friend (Ashley ann) and she repremanded us for being "missing"  for so long. The truth is we have given our heats and soul into our business and we know the hard work mixed with lots of fun will pay off. So here is what has been going on. 

1. We finally finished our studio! It look's out of this world awesome. I am so excited to have something that screams "US".  We will be posting photos of it very soon (all the wedding post come first).

2. we have been traveling our butts off. We still have to post two RAD destination weddings, so stay tuned.  Two weeks ago we went to Cabo and now we are sitting in Cancun. And I have had the great opportunity to shoot with Jessica Claire at a few of her destination weddings these past few weeks. 

3. Mark celebrated his 24th B-day. which was off the hook! I have known and dated mark since he was 16, so to have him turn 24 seemed so weird (time flies). We have so many memories together of his past birthdays and I feel blessed to be celebrating another birthday with him as his WIFE. 

4. I have a HUGE project that I am personally working on. I am super excited and I cannot wait to officially announce it in a few weeks. When Mark is on the "Man trip" I will be driving down to LA every day to finalize things and make some VERY big decisions.  

5. Jeffrey our puppy has Seizors! Yep, you heard me! It is soooo sad. We have medication for it but I am not sure what the long term out come will be. 

6. We finally decided to pay the BIG BUCKS and get Red Door to do ALL our branding, website, and marketing. He has done all fo the branding for Becker and Jessica and shootsac! We also know the owner Tim, and he is a great guy. Mark and I both feel we did the smart thing by keeping our site simple and inexpensive until now.... But as our prices go up, and our number of clientele goes up, we feel it is important to put a new, "permanent" face to Mark Brooke Photographers. As far as we know everything is changing except our Grey and Teal colors. 

7. HOLY COW!!  over 500 people voted on the first day of the Nosering poll!!!! Now.... what to do with this information.... hmmmmmmmm.


 
 

So I think this is all the exciting news that is going on with us. We are excited for things to slow down so we can catch our breath and hang out with our family and great friends....But I am not quite sure when that will happen :)

Here is just a sneak peek at a few the up coming shoots on our blog! [don't worry we still have a bunch of other rad shoots to in the blog-pipes]

Kirk and Nicole [Newport beach, Ca]:


Alex and Marlena [Cancun, Mexico]:
Nicole and Brian [Cabo san lucas, Mexico]:

Lindsay and Ben [Costa mesa, Ca]:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

New branding?! How exciting for you guys! I love the simplicity you have now, but I can't wait to see what Red Door will come up with for you! :) (Also, I voted a big, fat NAY on the nose ring!) And post those destination weddings soon!

Lydia said...

Wow, exciting news! Can't wait to see all the changes!

Tiffany said...

I am super excited for you guys~ Can't wait to see everything! The new branding, the posts to follow etc..
Happy Bday to Mark ~
Sorry to hear about the puppy :( I hope he is ok!

Abigail Q said...

Sounds awesome! Can't wait for all the fab blog posts coming and the unveiling of your new project! If you need someone to lunch with while your in LA I'm down... ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys, stoked you've been so busy. Out of the country and all, I'm sure it's gonna be good to be home for the holiday season. Random comment 1: Circuit City is going out of business and laying off 7,300 employees. Well, My wife and I are fans and friends of the Lyons and would like to be fans and friends with you. I think all would benifit from TP-ing the Lyons house and sharing a batch of pumpkin seasoned cookies and hot apple cider with them as we deny the whole thing. Random comment 2: If you look up "bon qui qui king burger" in the youtube search engine and watch, you will laugh...alot

Anonymous said...

I was just in Cabo last weekend. I have the exact same shot under that window in the lobby. The One and Only is insane!!!!

Haley Lamb said...

sounds like you guys are doing great! i can't wait to see the studio pictures!! hurry, hurry, hurry!