Sunday, February 24, 2008

The "Get Brooked" event -written by the Wife.

Hello everyone, this is Mark Brookes wife Candice, I just wanted to post a quick blog for mark about our upcoming "get brooked" boat party. There is one coming up next week, and we are super excited to meet those of you who are coming. We really wanted to invite more people (cuz we love all you peps) but our boat would literally sink! So if anyone would like to be invited to the next "Get Brooked" event please email us your contact info and we will keep you posted. Thanks again for all your support. Mark and I feel soooo stinken blessed to be a part of this photography community. Here are some pictures of our rockin water parties.

Here I am, and yes the freckles are real. 

Here is our boat, it has a pirate flag, because we are cool like that. And because I like to make all our passengers sing yo-ho yo-ho a photographers life for me. 
as you can see it has a similar feel to the "jungle cruse" boats at Disney land...So I usually will say something stupid like "and here we are folks, this is your chance to see the back side of a water fall". 
I would love to see you all on our next "get Brooked" voyage, so send us an email with your contact info. p.s. can you guess what photographers are on this trip? it will be very tricky because they are all facing the wrong way. It like someone said "smile", and they all refused. 

** A special prize to the Person that guesses correctly! 
(sorry no prizes for the photographers in the picture, because thats just cheating, but we love you, so that should be enough).


17 comments:

AHS Photography said...

Woohoo! One more week, can't wait :)
Oh and 2 of the 4 is totally Carlie and Gabriel!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

can't wait you guys! i LOVE to sing the pirates of the caribbean song. becuz i'm chill like that :)

p.s the freckles are awesome, my wifey has them too, i've considered connecting the dots to see what i get, but have yet to do it, mostly for fear of retribution :)

Dawn Malone said...

Yep, Can't wait myself! Will this be a 3 hr cruise? :) (like Gilligan's Island!)

katy said...

Sounds like so much fun!! I don't know who the folks in the photo are but I'm sure they had a blast :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are all excited, your comments really pumped me up. I love Davids Idea of "connecting the dots". Mark is going to laugh when he reads that.
-From Candice Brooke

gabriel.ryan. said...

looking forward to good times on the duffy. and i'm so stoked to finally meet some of my blog-friends!!! argh!

kymberli q. said...

Hi Candice,

I cannot tell you how bummed we are that we can't attend this one (Al will be on a plane and I'll be at a baby shower). We are so grateful for the invitation, though. PLEASE keep us in mind for the next one! We would love to come to this!!

I hope you, Mark, and the rest of the group have a great time!

Bummed,
Kymberli

Anonymous said...

Weeeeeee, how fun! You guys are too cool, cant wait!

Tina Mather said...

Candice! Can I pretend to be a photographer so I can go? I have my Kodak Easy Share digital camera I can bring with me.

Anonymous said...

A get brooked boat party sounds great.

Is it Gabriel and Carlie and AHS? If so, you keep good company. Was Jack Sparrow on the boat also?

Jeremy (from KC)

Anonymous said...

ohhhh wow. some of you guys know your photographers. The winner of the contest will be announced tomorrow. - candice Brooke

Unknown said...

It is truly amazing and even more so how God works through people and brings them together to support and encourage one another. I continue to be in awe in just how intimately our God desires to be in our lives.

:)

When and where is your next "Get Brooked" event?

Bianca said...

looks like it will be a sweet time. what I'd give for some sunshine and an ocean breeze.....sigh.....have fun!!

Lacey Lichi said...

I'm so jealous of the whole clan down in California! It is snowing here in Indiana and I would love to see the sunshine from your boat. BUT I'M EVEN MORE ENVIOUS of the cool community of photographers you have there- I've thrown several little fits here but I don't think Cali is in the cards for us. Have a good time and drink something fruity for me! (I would so sing for you because you are that flippin cute!)

Al Quackenbush said...

I am incredibly bummed about not being able to make it this Sunday. I have a work trip that I have to go on. You guys make sure to have lots of fun!! Definitely think about us for the next one!

That's funny - my wife said about the exact same thing above. :) I love her. We really are sad. Let's get together soon!

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

OK HERE IS THE ANSWER TO THE TRICKY QUESTION..... ITS GABRIEL AND CARLIE! THEY ARE SOOOO AWESOME! SO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO GUESSED CORRECTLY PRIZES ARE COMING YOUR WAY! WE WILL EMAIL YOU WITH THE DETAILS. THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS.

Anonymous said...

A prize!! We *heart* Gabriel and Carlie. Anyone that posts a blog about our family is awesome. We'd love to "Get Brooked" someday.

Jeremy Parsons