Sunday, May 25, 2008

Goals for 08'

Our New Years Resolutions: 

Does everyone remember making their new year resolutions for 08'?  We remember being with Gabriel and Carlie (some of our greatest friends), so excited about the future and what it held. We were all new at clicking our cameras and we had no idea what would happen.  We made goals like: shoot X amount of weddings...do X amount of destination weddings... get ridiculously good at a taking pictures...fly around the moon etc.... Back then I dont know if we ever really believed all of those X things would happen. But we were young (meaning 6 months younger) and we were all driven.  

Well, today we (Candice and Mark...aka us) had a little bit of a freak out. We realized that many of our goals have been accomplished, many goals we thought would never happen happened. We feel very blessed to be were we are in life, and to have the support of our friends and blog readers. 

 * We hit over 20,000 blog visitors a few days ago. (shout out to Melissa for doing that ages ago).

* We have accomplished all our little goals ex: pricing, studio, albums..etc..

* We have reached our X # of wedding we wanted to book in 08'

* We have reached our X # of destination weddings.

I know everyone has goals... We still have several that we would like to accomplish on a personal level and a business level,  but we are encouraged that we made it this far (and how much fun we had doing it). Sometimes, like us, you might not even realize how far you have made it until you breath and look back. We have found that if you shoot for the moon you will at least get to the stars. So wahooooo to everyone who has shot for the moon!

Now to explain the pictures:
We got hired a few months ago to shoot a celebrity wedding! We love them to death. They had us rolling over laughing when we hung out with them...probably because their job is to entertain us Americans.. which is a ridiculously hard job. Unfortunately we can not say who they are, but they allowed us to take these fun paparazzi pictures of them. 
 
note: for those close friends who know who this is, please do not say in the comments we want to respect their privacy :)




31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Total congrats guys on achieving your goals for the year! Cat and I are totally gonna do the Becker price check later this summer (hopefully!) and from what you and others have been saying it's totally worth it.

Celebrities huh? Awesomeness!!!

Don't forget the number one goal though guys, which I think you already achieved!

HAVE FUN!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys, to do all those things in the first 5 months is fantastic!

Dang, I wish I could tell who this couple is! I love her dress!

Moongypsyi said...

Awww, will we eeevvvver know??
~c

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

I wish i could tell, but i can't, we even made a special contract just for them.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats on setting and achieving so many goals this year! What an awesome feeling....And I SO want to know who the heck this couple is! I've been studying the pics and just can't figure it out!!!

Jeret Slack said...

Great job guys you deserve it. You are a awesome photographer. You have work very hard.

Hanssie said...

Awesome! Inspires me to make some goals...hee hee.

And now I am going to analyze the pics and try to figure out the celeb couple!

kristin said...

Wow, I am excited for you guys,,,those were huge gorls to have met. I need to make me some too!

You guys are so fun, love checking your blog!

http://kristinrogersphotography.typepad.com/

Elena said...

Good luck in reaching the stars!!! You went more then half way, I think :)

ksenija said...

wooohooo! rock on you guys! setting goals, reaching goals & shooting for the moon... no better way to live life. way to follow your passion. congrats, congrats!! :D

Melissa Koehler said...

I am so excited for you guys! Congrats to you both. You are such awesome people and photogs, you deserve nothing but the best!!!
xoxo

How exciting about the celebrity wedding! It's gonna drive me crazy

Melissa Koehler said...

I am so excited for you guys! Congrats to you both. You are such awesome people and photogs, you deserve nothing but the best!!!
xoxo

How exciting about the celebrity wedding! It's gonna drive me crazy

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

Seriously, thank you guys! ya'll are so encouraging!

Enoch Photography said...

Congratulations you both! That is amazing and to do it in such a short period of time as well!

Your photography is very inspiring and I love to look back in your work and see the leaps and bounds you have made in creativity --- you get my creative juices flowing... seriously.

Your talent is seriously awesome and stands out in the crowd. Way to go Mark and Candice - you both rock and seriously are deserving of great blessings... //enoch

Jenn Best Photography said...

Congratulations All around - your goals, your celeb wedding - everything! I've never even met you guys and I love you already! All my best!

Eddie Bojorquez (Studio 512) said...

It was obvious you guys rocked before this post, but now you've managed to solidify your rock-dum-ness. Congrats!
-E

P.S. Thank you for the warm wishes and blog love!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Wow! A celebrity wedding...that is freakin awesome!!!

cassandra-m said...

Congrats...I am NOT surprised. You guys ARE AWESOME! I believe in you guys and believe you will reach all your goals. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! You both are too sweet and too amazing...much love from Savannah!

AHS Photography said...

YES! I am so excited for you guys but I truly believe this is just the beginning of all the amazing things God has in store for you!
<3 Amy

Erika McCauley said...

Congrats!! Wow, how exciting for you guys!! And very cool you got to shoot a celebrity wedding! I'm officially jealous. :)

Kimberlee West said...

congrats you guys!

Armin de Fiesta said...

What a great accomplishment reaching goals! Keep up the drive to succeed and you'll be able to celebrate every milestone! Now I'm so curious who the celebs are! lol

Anonymous said...

You guys deserve each and every success....congrats!! xoxo

Unknown said...

Congrads to you and Candice for reaching a lot of the goals you two set. It has been a crazy fun ride over here on the east coast with me and my wife (Sommer)
We have reached a lot of the goals we set but have a few more to take a swing at. One is going over and hanging out with you guys and some other aewsome photographers on the west coast (sup David B.)
Keep reaching dude you two have mad skills!

Denise Bovee said...

the suspense is killing me! but Im super excited for you guys! that is so awesome!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Congratulations guys!! Good things happen to good people :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on achieving your goals!! Life is great isn't it?! :D

Jennie Pennie said...

Congrats on everything! You guys have inspired some major moon shooting! (In a good way!)
Keep on truckin'!

Tiffany said...

What a great post!! I have had it starred on my google reader to keep coming back to~ I am so inspired by you guys!! It makes me remember that I really need to just WRITE STUFF DOWN!!
Congrats!!

Tiffany said...

What a great post!! I have had it starred on my google reader to keep coming back to~ I am so inspired by you guys!! It makes me remember that I really need to just WRITE STUFF DOWN!!
Congrats!!

Ryan Christensen said...

What an BEAUTIFUL time for you guys... it's so terrific to hear about people exceeding their dreams! Thanks for sharing... feel free to email the celeb's names... it's killing me to know who it is.
Keep being RAD!