Sunday, May 11, 2008

my FREAKING AWESOME wife's birthday!!!!!!!!

On Candice's B-day I surprised her with a "girls day". I didn't know exactly what this entailed, but I knew it was a good idea. We first headed to a nail Solon to get her nails and toes done. I nearly suffocated from the smell but my wife was happy to see me by her side (i edited pictures, in case you wanted to know what the heck i did for two hours). 




I had no idea that "french-tip" nails started out so long!!! I decided to have her keep her nails 3 inches long.... I LOOOOVE cat-people! j/k




Then we headed to the Eli Alexander salon for a Sweet "designer" hair cut!!!!!! ( I edited pictures during this time as well)




A few days ago Justin Lyon and I threw a joint B-day party for the ladies in our lives! We think the Lyon's are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!  they are such great photographers and Friends. Here are a few pictures we snagged off of their rockin' blog



We are lucky enough to have an outstanding videographer in our circle of friends. Lan Bui made this video which honestly blew my socks off.

Candice and Amelia Birthdays
by: vPIP
Embed (copy & paste):

20 comments:

Blah Blah said...

Happy Belated Bday Candice!!

Blah Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ksenija said...

happpy birthday!!!!!!!!! looks like it was an awesome one! :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark! Your Images are So great! i love your blog and it looks like you guys are having a great time in all of your blog adventures! WOOHOO! Thanks for checking mine out from time to time! I really appreciate it! Blog love rules!!! Take Care!

Erika McCauley said...

You guys look so FUN!!! How nice of you to plan a "girls day" for your wife. :) That video is awesome - just like your photos!

Enoch Photography said...

what a fun great day... great idea dood! Have a great week you two! ... and happy belated birthday Candice... //e

~abi~ said...

how fun! :) luv the video!

AHS Photography said...

What a good husband you are Mark! Happy Birthday again Candice :)

Is it just me or do Amelia and Candice look like sisters in that pic?!

~Amy

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

pure awesomeness!!!! bummed we missed it, really bummed we misssed gracie!!! loved her stache! happy late birthday candice!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Candice! ...and Mark, I'm so impressed that you went along for the girl's day out. I think my Husband has so much to learn.

Melissa Koehler said...

SO bummed I missed this!!! Happy Belated birtday girlie!!
xoxo

Dawn Malone said...

Ah...Happy Belated Birthday Candice! Looks like you had a blast!

Ashley Perez said...

What a smart husband! I love the OPI nail polish shot and I too love the Lyons! Amelia is my inspiration for starting my own photography business.

Paul Rogers said...

Hey guys had a wonderful time at lunch:)

Check out my blog I posted about out time:)

Anonymous said...

i loved the video... i need to do something with my friends too. I probably see them just 3 or 4 times per YEAR, because i work with wedding decorations in my humble business and photography is only passion, so it comes second everytime...check out my work as a decorator in www.coisasecoisinhas.com.br and thanks for commenting on my blog...my first and only "international" comment so far... thanks alot and congratulations, you guys do an awesome job...

Kelly Beane said...

how flippin' fun!! great gift mark...i'm impressed & happy belated birthday candice!

Courteney Miller said...

WOW what a wonderful husband! Looks like ya'll had a blast! Happy Birthday Candice!

cassandra-m said...

Happy be-lated Birthday Candice!!!! sorry i missed it. had a dental appointment mon & been feeling bllllahhhh. But perky now and had to say "Happy Birthday to You...Happy Birthday to You...Happy Birthday dearrrr Candice. Happy Birthday to you." Yes my puppy thinks I'm insane cause I just sang that as I typed it...and I can't sing...ha.ha. xoxo.

Anonymous said...

Ok so i briefly glanced at this the other day but had to come back and say what a kick azz husband you are to treat your wife to a girls day!! and Happy Late Bday to your wife. She has you "well trained" LOL!

now you know the suffering women go through...

Jenn Best Photography said...

Mark you Rock! What an AWESOME birthday present. I definately need to show my husband this post. Happy Belated Birthday Candice!