Monday, June 16, 2008

Boutwells New Actions and the [b] School


We have been getting many emails asking about how we do our post processing, lighting, coloring etc... So we wanted to let you in on a little secret :) We use the Boutwells Totally Rad Actions.  They are honestly out of this world!!!!! Doug warned us when he was making them that they would be awesome, but he honestly blew our socks off with these ones. He should re-name them to "Totally Rockin, Rad, Badical, Actions.


Here is a slideshow of a few Before and after shots. they are jpeg file brought straight into Photoshop!....watch the magic.



The [b] School: A few weeks ago Mark and I where able to do a little sneek preview of the [b] school! Everyone knows that what ever Becker touches is successful...but when we saw the School it blew our mind, I literally kept telling him "this is crazy cool". It is going to be the goddess of all networking, online forums, clubs etc...We know the school is going to be our one stop shop in all our photography needs. Becker mentions in one of his tutorials that there will be clubs. Well when we found this out a couple of weeks ago we decided to start brainstorming of the club we wanted to run. So..... right when the [b] school launches we are going to launch our "The Family" club. So....


We will do Monthly Family dinners, Monthly family networking events, monthly family videos to help out those who have questions, and consistent online chats with all the family members.....Its going to be one big happy family of photographers. We are super excited to be apart of the [b] school when it launches, and do what ever we can to help out our family members. O.k. so who wants to be the Dad? J/k

13 comments:

kymberli q. said...

This is a great idea. I can't wait for it all to start to see what it might be about. I guess I could be the "Mom" since I'm pregnant! Whoo hoo! :)

Congrats on all that is happening with you two. You guys are doing it and it's soooo cool!

Ren said...

So this is a case of "Who's your daddy?"

;)

Cathy and David Photography said...

Do you have to be from Cali to join the family or can us Indiana folks join it too. :)

CRAZY COOOOOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I can be the really cool older sister, as I am on the wrong side of 35 ;) and I have 3 kids.

I love this song in this slideshow, who is it by?

Katie said...

oh, I'm so totally joining "The Family"...I'm from Seattle but I could be the long lost, black sheep of the family sister, who moved up to gray, cold Seattle....LOL :)

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

You can be from ANY state! ;) You don't get to choose who is your family......

Abigail Q said...

First of all, I think people confuse why ya'll pictures are so hot is because of pp.. but after seeing the before and afters you guys are one of the few that rock the pictures straight out the camera. pp just enhances it. ;) Second, because of you guys I went and bought the old phantom planet cd. and this song is stuck in my head all day long.. ;)

Marlin Munoz said...

TRA - Love them,
[b] School - Can't wait to attend!
The Family - Hope we are part of it!

Denise Bovee said...

ohhh sounds cool! : D

Anonymous said...

I love this most recent session and I want to marry TRAs!!!! Cant wait for the new bschool too!

oh and consider yourselves tagged - go to my blog to check out what to do next (in all your free time - LOL!!!!)

Enoch Photography said...

I love before and afters! You guys rock! Mucho Love... //enoch

cassandra-m said...

I've never met [b} but I sense that he is one awesome dude & definitely a GURU in the photography business. Your family club sounds awesome. be sure to blog so we can check it out.
PS...that slideshow ROCKS...love seeing before & after and dive into your creative mind...ha.ha.

Anonymous said...

ummm...can i be a family member from Seattle too?? PLEASE!! LOL I love the things that [b] has been featuring on the little tutorials every day. it sometimes gives me my dose of inspiration for the day, which is much needed right now! anyhoo, i hope to be a part of your fam when the [b] school launches! :)