Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mark and Candice Brooke (these are not professional photos)

Mark and I went down memory lane last night with some of our friends. We have been together for over 8 years and we have some pretty hilarious stories in our resumes. I thought it would be fun to share a few of them with our Blog stockers and Brides. 

Mark and I have always been up for the "ugly" challenge. So when ever the situation arises were we can dress like a fool we take it. My mom is a kindergarden teacher and mark has spend the last 6 years of her life raiding her closet for all her "cool/awesome" cloths.  She is the kind of mom who we could count on to have a winnie the pooh jumper or the perfect sweater for our Ugly sweater parties. I remember at this party mark had not quite grown a full mustache yet so with the help of mascara he transformed into the winner of our christmas party. 


Mark and I went to small Christian schools in California. Because they were christian we were not allowed to dance (of course dancing from the devil :) So instead the school would have events for us to do. We would usually go to a show or a nice dinner for the evens. Because of this Mark and I felt that if we were going to go at all to these LAME  school functions then we were going to have the time of our life. So for Marks and my Junior Senior prom, while everyone else wore normal prom attire, him and his two best friends rocked the three amigo costumes (of course they were hand made by Mark and his friends!). Mark has always been this RAD!



Here is Mark, me, and Brandon (our best friend). Both Mark and I went to Biola University. We had pep rallys every semester so we decided to rock it out at this one. Mark and Brandon wore mullet hats and we went around the whole gym screaming at the top of our lungs to get the crowed pumped. This was also the night that I got on the shoulders of a complete stranger who had green face paint on. When the night was over my crotch was covered in green paint (which sucked... and was awkward). 



Mark and I have loved having a life were we are NOT in the least bit cool. I wish I could post 20 more photos with background stories but I have get back to cleaning our house. Today we are having a fake Christmas with our families since we have a wedding in Vegas on Christmas day. Wahooo we are so excited and we appreciate all your blog comments. 


12 comments:

*Lissa* said...

Dorks rock! ;o)

Anonymous said...

The three amigo suit is promtastic! You guys are such a great couple. Merry Christmas.

Ashley Rose said...

I cant show my husband the 3 amigos picture or I am almost positive that he will try and dress up like that next Halloween! lol. Oh and the mustache is HOT STUFF.

Tiffany said...

Fun memories and fantastic photos!
Have a great "fake" christmas! :)

lroah said...

That three amigos photo is the best! Happy Holidays!

jamiedelaine said...

Mark and Candice, obvs dancing is not allowed in private Christian schools. Dancing leads to sex. C'mon folks!! You know it!! Ahaha.

Oh my goodness. Very good HS memories comin' back to me right now. What is so wrong with dancing?

Jen Berry said...

I think you should reenact footloose and mark should play kevin bacon dressed in a 3 amigos costume. (am i dating myself)

Anonymous said...

Love your work,
Would love to carry your line at my store...
http://www.cheapphotoshoptemplates.com

kristin said...

Thank you for the LOL LOL LOL!

http://kristinrogersphotography.typepad.com/

~abi~ said...

where are the pix of the green crotch??? haha! that had me cracking up! :) you guys are so cute!

Anonymous said...

What fun memories!! Thanks for sharing with the world!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you weren't allowed to dance at school, how footloose! Love the dress ups, totally cracked me up!